无心快语 Careless Whisper
Careless Whisper是英国组合威猛乐队(Wham)的一首歌曲。这首歌讲的是主唱乔治同时爱上了三个女孩。他的正式女友从别人口中知道了这件事情,决定离开。但是并没有明说。在舞池中,两人心照不宣。可是乔治还是爱她的,只是不敢言语,心里悔恨着伤感着,但一切已无可挽回。感情在沉默中随着音乐的消逝慢慢地殆尽......
I feel so unsure我毫无把握/有点茫然不知所措
As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor当我牵着你的手带你步入舞池。
As the music dies舞曲消失/音乐渐渐停下来
something in your eyes Calls to mind the silver screens你的眼神却使我想起了无数的电影,
and all it's sad good-byes而所有电影都是悲剧收场。
I'm never gonna dance again再也无法跳舞,
Guilty feet have got no rhythm内疚使舞步失去了韵感
Though it's easy to pretend装作若无其事很容易
I know you are not a fool但我知道你并不笨。
Should've known better than to cheat a friend不应该背叛恋人/友人
And waste the chance that I've been given给过我机会,却没有珍惜
So I'm never gonna dance again我终将不再跳舞,
The way I danced with you无法像你我从前那样跳舞。
Time can never mend即使时间也无法治愈心中的伤痕
The careless whispers of a good friend那怕是好朋友的一句无心伤害
To the heart and mind ignorance is kind.对心身来说,装糊涂未必是坏事。
There's no comfort in the truth真相总是令人难爱,
pain is all you'll find.你只会感到痛苦
I'm never gonna dance again我再也无法跳舞,
Guilty feet have got no rhythm内疚使舞步失去了韵感
Though it's easy to pretend尽管欺瞒并不困难
I know you are not a fool但我知道你并不笨。
Should've known better than to cheat a friend我该明白让你知道总比欺骗强,
And waste the chance that I've been given但现在却又错过了一个机会。
So I'm never gonna dance again我终将不再跳舞,
The way I danced with you无法像你我从前那样跳舞。
(Never without your love.)(不要失去你的爱。)
Tonight the music seems so loud今晚的音乐是如此的刺耳
I wish that we could lose this crowd.我希望我们远离这喧嚣的人群。
Maybe it's better this way不说话也好也好
We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say.如果真要言语,有可能只是互相伤害
We could have been so good together我们本好好地在一起的
We could have lived this dance forever我们本可以永远舞蹈下去的
But now who's gonna dance with me?但今夜谁将与我共舞?
Please stay.留下吧!
Now that U're gone.现在你走了
Was what I did is so wrong.是因为我犯下的错
So wrong that you had to leave me alone.让你不得不离开留我孤身一人么?
I feel so unsure我毫无把握/有点茫然不知所措
unsure adj.不确定的;不肯定的;没有自信的
He made her feel hot, and awkward, and unsure of herself他令她内心躁动,手足无措,对自己没有信心。
There were a lot of things I was unsure about.有许多事情, 我都心里没底。
I was unsure of what to do next.接下来该怎么做,我有点拿不准。
They were unsure as to what the next move should be.下一步该怎么做,他们心里一点底都没有。
I was unsure how to answer the question.我拿不准该如何回答这个问题。
Like many women, deep down she was unsure of herself.和许多女性一样,她心底缺乏自信。
Something in your eyes calls to mind the silver screens你的眼神却使我想起了无数的电影。
call to mind:(把...呼唤到脑子里来)忆及;想到;忆起;(使) 记起, (使)想起;
I am simply unable to call to mind his name.我实在想不起来他的名字了。
He can't call to mind what she said on that occasion.他想不起来当场她说过什么话。
The rows call to mind other battles over wind turbines.这令人想到另一场关于风力发电机的争论。
(row /rau/ n纠纷;Have a row with sb和某人大吵)
silver screen银幕;电影
In the1930s, actresses on the silver screen looked elegant and sophisticated. 1930年代,银屏上的女演员看起来既优雅又世故。
Should've known better than to cheat a friend不应该背叛恋人/友人
know better than to do something知道本不该做什么/明白而不至于/本来可以不至于蠢到做...事情
I should have known better than to believe him.我怎么会蠢到去相信他呢!/早知道就不该信任他了。
Tom should have known better than to ask Dick for help.汤姆当初应该知道让迪克帮忙非明智之举。
You should have known better than to lean on me你早就应该明白你不能依靠我
To the heart and mind, ignorance is kind.对心身来说,装糊涂未必是坏事。
heart and mind:内心和头脑/心灵与思想
ignorance n.无知,愚昧;不知,不懂
Children often behave badly out of/through ignorance.儿童往往出于无知而不守规矩。
Some doctors believe ignorance is bliss and don't give their patients all the facts.有些医生认为无知是福,因此不向病人透露全部病情。
I am in sheer ignorance of the matter.我对此事全然无知。
I am embarrassed by my complete ignorance of history我对历史一无所知,真的觉得很难堪。